'1966 Lotus Seven
TL;DR : the unicorn
What started as a joke took a serious turn three weeks ago : I just paid the deposit on that fine piece of motoring history.
In short, 🦄 this is a 1966 Lotus Super Seven S2, with the 1500 Cosworth engine, it's left hand drive, and spent quite a while in the USA.
All the serial numbers we find are fully matching the factory records : VIN, frame, engine, and even the carburettors are the original ones.
Only the black paint is not original as the records show it was navy blue from the factory, and period-correct Minilite wheels (1973) replace the expected Elan ones.
The body and shell are in excellent condition, with no sign of prior restoration, and no need for any.
In order not to mix content, I have created a new blog, but both will be strongly interconnected. There will be direct links between one another, and you will find a permanent link in the menu on the left.
If you're ready, it begins here. I have moved the two original posts to the new blog too.
Comments
Post a Comment